• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1793
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199168 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
show was average, it wasn't epic, it wasn't spectacular.

first set was a snoozefest although some fine song selections

2nd set was significantly better but the band was visibly tired from the portland shows


This has always been the crux Lewie. I remember some of the hottest GD shows had the most mediocre setlists and others with fine song selection were snoozefests. After listening to this I would rank it the lowest score all around thus far. Nice hering BTL though. I enjoy that song much.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Equinox
Platinum Boarder
Posts:15754

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199169 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Man, I hope that show was as good as the setlist. Really impressive on paper.

Definitely quite good, especially the second set. Hope your heart is beating again after the ending of that game!


Yes, I'm still alive. Just barely.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1428
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199172 1 year, 6 months ago
I woke up last night and caught the second set. It seemed to my ears that there was some great energy there, but at one point I just heard the air come out. The Eleven sounded pretty sweet to me. I have no doubt the the band can catch the wind in their sails for the last leg of the Fall shows. I need those totem posters if anyone has extras!
wlewis wrote:
show was average, it wasn't epic, it wasn't spectacular.

first set was a snoozefest although some fine song selections

2nd set was significantly better but the band was visibly tired from the portland shows
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199178 1 year, 6 months ago
there absolutely was bakes, some great energy. in fact, phil completely redeemed himself on the unbroken chain after the red rocks slip up, and it was placed right in the middle of a real silly china and smokin rider. you could see the satisfaction in his face.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1362

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199180 1 year, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
Please be kind to your brothers and sisters.
This thread is about the Setlist from the Furthur Show at Shoreline.
let's try to stick with the topic and cease the mud-slinging. Thank you

I agree. But the thing is, you can't reason with a bully. Arguments and anger are all STIW/WITS/Scott knows how to express. He has some serious issues, and it's probably better to just quietly offer him your pity instead of either reasoned or angry responses. Remember, this is the guy that had to make up other users and steal his wife's identity in order to have anyone to interact with, after burning most of his bridges on multiple boards. I've gotten to the point where it only makes me sad and sorry for him, not angry. I'd like to suggest that ignoring him rather than engaging him will be the best way to avoid the negativity that he creates.


Hilarious Sue. Posts like this YOU are the one doing the bullying. I wasn't expressing anger or arguments--I was stating my opinion--if you can't tell the difference its not on me. Get your facts straight--I never "stole" my wifes identity--she gave it to me. In this pc correct world isome people don't know how to express an unpopular opinion. You Sue are the most self righteous phony on this board. You got all up in arms when I called a troll a bailer. You stranded Denver man in red rocks..
You may want to check Wlewis review. He is a person I respect on this board. He has ears. He calls em like he hears em. Pretty much in line with my review BTW...when you were gushing over what a great setlist and show it was. Who died and left you chief arbritor - judge, juror, and exeicutioner--high godess of the furthur board. I am not alone in my feelings regarding you-- I won't produce the pms hopefully some of them post in this thread. I find it sad that a middle aged woman spends 24/7 on an online message board. Have you no life? Perhaps getting off the sofa and excercising might be a good idea. Back to my point-- every show is not the greatest thing since swiss cheese-- I won't go back and quote you from every setlist thread but you know and I know every single show you say GREAT setlist....awesome show!!! You crave acceptance and approval on here--like your whole life revolves around it. Because I threaten your happy furthur world you are attempting a smear campaign against me. I stopped caring what people think about me at about age 16. FYI I am a college grad (Penn State) with a Deans List student at WVU in his JR year and a daughter who is a senior in high school who is valedictorian of her class of 800. I'm so unbalanced I retired at 42. Did you even read the quote you copied before typing your unprovoked attack..did you understand it? Your response is the definition of an attempt to bully. Underneath your phony online persona rests a deeply insecure individual who has to gain her self worth from an internet message board. THAT is sad. & what started all of this.. not me -- a young kid who was misinformed and attacked me (just like you are doing). Finally if you think you can attack me with false information and personal attacks rest assured I will respond. Just as (and I agree with you) women should have the right to make decisions about their body--- being a woman who attempts to smear someone is fair game for a real response. Oh and one last thing heady one. I sold tmglf my NYE run tickets for under cost and shipped them at my expense, sent atwell a brand new NYE 78 dvd amongst other things here. Actions speak louder than words.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
Posts:432
in the world, but not of the world

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199181 1 year, 6 months ago
there's plenty to nitpick about the Shoreline show. it was not a great night for Bobby (with some very weird moments in Sugar Mag and Samson... the kinda stuff that really makes you cringe). Jeff C. was somewhat subdued and was not as out front as he usually is, but.... make no mistake, PHILLIP CHAPMAN LESH had a huge night!!!!! Phil was absolutely spectacular. that's all you need to know.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Blues_Power.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva, FurthurFlower67
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder
Posts:315

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199206 1 year, 6 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
Please be kind to your brothers and sisters.
This thread is about the Setlist from the Furthur Show at Shoreline.
let's try to stick with the topic and cease the mud-slinging. Thank you

I agree. But the thing is, you can't reason with a bully. Arguments and anger are all STIW/WITS/Scott knows how to express. He has some serious issues, and it's probably better to just quietly offer him your pity instead of either reasoned or angry responses. Remember, this is the guy that had to make up other users and steal his wife's identity in order to have anyone to interact with, after burning most of his bridges on multiple boards. I've gotten to the point where it only makes me sad and sorry for him, not angry. I'd like to suggest that ignoring him rather than engaging him will be the best way to avoid the negativity that he creates.


Hilarious Sue. Posts like this YOU are the one doing the bullying. I wasn't expressing anger or arguments--I was stating my opinion--if you can't tell the difference its not on me. Get your facts straight--I never "stole" my wifes identity--she gave it to me. In this pc correct world isome people don't know how to express an unpopular opinion. You Sue are the most self righteous phony on this board. You got all up in arms when I called a troll a bailer. You stranded Denver man in red rocks..
You may want to check Wlewis review. He is a person I respect on this board. He has ears. He calls em like he hears em. Pretty much in line with my review BTW...when you were gushing over what a great setlist and show it was. Who died and left you chief arbritor - judge, juror, and exeicutioner--high godess of the furthur board. I am not alone in my feelings regarding you-- I won't produce the pms hopefully some of them post in this thread. I find it sad that a middle aged woman spends 24/7 on an online message board. Have you no life? Perhaps getting off the sofa and excercising might be a good idea. Back to my point-- every show is not the greatest thing since swiss cheese-- I won't go back and quote you from every setlist thread but you know and I know every single show you say GREAT setlist....awesome show!!! You crave acceptance and approval on here--like your whole life revolves around it. Because I threaten your happy furthur world you are attempting a smear campaign against me. I stopped caring what people think about me at about age 16. FYI I am a college grad (Penn State) with a Deans List student at WVU in his JR year and a daughter who is a senior in high school who is valedictorian of her class of 800. I'm so unbalanced I retired at 42. Did you even read the quote you copied before typing your unprovoked attack..did you understand it? Your response is the definition of an attempt to bully. Underneath your phony online persona rests a deeply insecure individual who has to gain her self worth from an internet message board. THAT is sad. & what started all of this.. not me -- a young kid who was misinformed and attacked me (just like you are doing). Finally if you think you can attack me with false information and personal attacks rest assured I will respond. Just as (and I agree with you) women should have the right to make decisions about their body--- being a woman who attempts to smear someone is fair game for a real response. Oh and one last thing heady one. I sold tmglf my NYE run tickets for under cost and shipped them at my expense, sent atwell a brand new NYE 78 dvd amongst other things here. Actions speak louder than words.


wow...well played, sir...that wasn't psychotic at all...might want to up the dose on your zoloft though...YMMV...i call em like i read em lol
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1428
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199217 1 year, 6 months ago
Though it seems the bottle is half empty around here.

Blues_Power wrote:
there's plenty to nitpick about the Shoreline show. it was not a great night for Bobby (with some very weird moments in Sugar Mag and Samson... the kinda stuff that really makes you cringe). Jeff C. was somewhat subdued and was not as out front as he usually is, but.... make no mistake, PHILLIP CHAPMAN LESH had a huge night!!!!! Phil was absolutely spectacular. that's all you need to know.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4651
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199219 1 year, 6 months ago
Well the stars where lined up perfect for me last night. Let me tell you how excited I was to first hear that Stella tease. I heard and I jumped then it went away. It was a crazy feeking. Then it came back and there it was Stella Blue. I know most of you know that I had my first baby on sept 27 2011. I named her Stella and not just because the love for the song I have and Jerry had, its because Im proud to be in a cartain life style that I take serious. I love the deadheads more than words can tell. I want my daught to carry that in my family and want her to always know what kind of person I am in this world. I can only be so lucky for to have this in her blood. So they didnt play stella all last tour and havent yet this tour. This show is my first furthur show since nye. Going into last night I kept saying to myelf "could they be waiting for me to be at the show to play stella". The love I have my daughter is bigger than any love that I will ever have. Sowhen they played it last night, I knew I was once again suppose to be at that show and at the right place at the right time in life. I know some people probably thik im crazy but I know some of you know exactly what im talking about. This kinda stuff has happened at show more than once. Its a great feeling.

I can see why if you were on the couch last night the show didnt seem that full of energy. But I was at the show and loved every minute of it. Ship of fool was so moving. I love that up tempo. Ive been waiting to hear that since the first and only time they have. And I got it. The show wasnt the best but at the top for other mattters.

Also great communication with FFF. I meet up with alot of folks and there was no problems at all. I missed the flag but thats ok. My review is more personal cause I know you all heard the stream already.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, illuminaughty
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6733
Muchas Garcias

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199223 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks to Jimmy Tebeau (Bass player for JGB Band) for the photo!

Thank You Jerry
Time to create page: 2.18 seconds