• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Re: Is JK leaving Furthur?...

#8371 3 years, 7 months ago
This is pathetic that this rumor even surfaced on here. I doubt DSO would kick out Mattson like that and I doubt JK would leave Furthur. I heard he is on a 3 year contract and heck why would you want to leave anyway, he is playing with the people he looked up to all his life and now he is living the dream. Furthur is exceptional and this band gets so much love and they finally found a project that works amazing I doubt they are gonna change.

Mattson is so amazing in DSO everything is working out great between these two bands, this rumor sounds like a hater standpoint to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, redial2
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#8457 3 years, 7 months ago
I remember some bad (THANKFULLY) rumors last year that Phil was hanging it up after his 70th b day show. Anyone else remember that silly rumor?
Light up or leave me alone!
Chester
More or less in line

#8459 3 years, 7 months ago
Don't believe everything you read.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#8461 3 years, 7 months ago
That rumor is turning into a Punxsutawney situation and it really is humorous.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#8466 3 years, 7 months ago
I remember that al over last years september tour and november tour. Everyone on tour was passing a rumor around that Phil was going to hang up the gloves after this past New Year show. I called bul shit from when i first heard it and it was thank god hahah

I could tell just by watching phil at all the shows and you can tell that when hes playing. He is truly having the best time of his life or it looks like it anyway. THe boys arnt going anywhere for a while from what i can tell... : )

Only way out of the dead is in a box. Forever Grateful Forever Dead

lets keep this show rolling guys and much love
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#8468 3 years, 7 months ago
Smiley said it well, Phil is beaming on stage, really grinning like a school kid!
Light up or leave me alone!
UncleSam
Fresh Boarder

#8469 3 years, 7 months ago
He's certainly not leaving Furthur to return to DSO. Rob Eaton stated on the DSO forum not long after the initial announcement that John had decided not to return to DSO, even if the Furthur project were to at some point disband. It was his decision, not the DSO family's. I don't feel like digging up that thread, but it's there some time around October 09 if anyone's interested.
equixt
Fresh Boarder

#8470 3 years, 7 months ago
I know for a fact JK will not be returning to DSO. He is with Furthur for the duration.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#8472 3 years, 7 months ago
Guess I'd better catch a bunch more shows. Just in case.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Vincent Van Gogh
Fresh Boarder

#8495 3 years, 7 months ago
I would not trust a website entitled "shroomery"...

As someone said, I feel Phil and Bobby want to keep this band going... it is only going to get better. John is their guitar player now. Letting go to the original nature of this music as birthed new life in Phil and Bobby's playing! it's a beautiful thing and I feel John is somewhat responsible.

I'm also glad to see Jeff Mattson playing with DSO, he is an amazing musician.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Vincent Van Gogh.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#8539 3 years, 7 months ago
Sorry I had to start any rumor like this, I didn't want to post on here but I was honestly getting nervous and starting to believe it was true so I had to. I think JK is awesome and agree with everything you people are saying......Bobby and Phil (and the whole band for that matter) are having so much fun and into the music so much. The last thing I wanted was to hear anything about JK leaving and I want to thank everybody very much for assuring me theres no truth to this, because if I didn't make this thread I would probably be wondering about it until after the summer tour....

I might not trust the Shroomery for information like this but it is a very cool and serious website about mushrooms and the phychedelic experience. I'm sure a lot of people in this community will find a great interest in it if not already, they have a lot of cool stuff to "enjoy your trip to" as well like different screen savers n stuff. Tons of message boards to and allthough there are negative people everywhere, for the most part it is a very peaceful and respectful community with a good majority of very good people, just like this community.

Sorry to ramble on and sorry for the rumor but hopefully Furthur keeps kicking on as long as they could!
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8672 3 years, 7 months ago
I saw some tension relating to John's performance during the shows between Hampton and Atlanta. However, that was offset by sequences of brilliance from John. I have been simultaneously flabbergasted and frustrated with John because he is capable of owning the stage and making Jerry's space his own but, at times, he does not. So what can be done? In my humble opinion, diligence and consistency from John is the key to maximizing the potential of this lineup. I think Furthur needs John, but John needs to make the most of this opportunity. NOTHING LASTS. That's a controllable variable in the fantastic equation that is Furthur. My $.02. Namaste.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by ScarletFire. Reason: poor grammar
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds