• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Is JK leaving Furthur?...

#8472 3 years, 7 months ago
Guess I'd better catch a bunch more shows. Just in case.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Vincent Van Gogh
Fresh Boarder

#8495 3 years, 7 months ago
I would not trust a website entitled "shroomery"...

As someone said, I feel Phil and Bobby want to keep this band going... it is only going to get better. John is their guitar player now. Letting go to the original nature of this music as birthed new life in Phil and Bobby's playing! it's a beautiful thing and I feel John is somewhat responsible.

I'm also glad to see Jeff Mattson playing with DSO, he is an amazing musician.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Vincent Van Gogh.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#8539 3 years, 7 months ago
Sorry I had to start any rumor like this, I didn't want to post on here but I was honestly getting nervous and starting to believe it was true so I had to. I think JK is awesome and agree with everything you people are saying......Bobby and Phil (and the whole band for that matter) are having so much fun and into the music so much. The last thing I wanted was to hear anything about JK leaving and I want to thank everybody very much for assuring me theres no truth to this, because if I didn't make this thread I would probably be wondering about it until after the summer tour....

I might not trust the Shroomery for information like this but it is a very cool and serious website about mushrooms and the phychedelic experience. I'm sure a lot of people in this community will find a great interest in it if not already, they have a lot of cool stuff to "enjoy your trip to" as well like different screen savers n stuff. Tons of message boards to and allthough there are negative people everywhere, for the most part it is a very peaceful and respectful community with a good majority of very good people, just like this community.

Sorry to ramble on and sorry for the rumor but hopefully Furthur keeps kicking on as long as they could!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#8672 3 years, 7 months ago
I saw some tension relating to John's performance during the shows between Hampton and Atlanta. However, that was offset by sequences of brilliance from John. I have been simultaneously flabbergasted and frustrated with John because he is capable of owning the stage and making Jerry's space his own but, at times, he does not. So what can be done? In my humble opinion, diligence and consistency from John is the key to maximizing the potential of this lineup. I think Furthur needs John, but John needs to make the most of this opportunity. NOTHING LASTS. That's a controllable variable in the fantastic equation that is Furthur. My $.02. Namaste.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by ScarletFire. Reason: poor grammar
BigEyedPhish
Fresh Boarder

#8677 3 years, 7 months ago
How did no one look at the date on that post in shroomery, this time of year?

Shame on you all
Mrs Deviled Egg
Fresh Boarder

#8681 3 years, 7 months ago
it is threads like this that make me wary of forums like this..... how ridiculous! From the insinuating that DSO is not the "real deal" which makes me curious as to the definitions of "real" in peoples' minds- and I can only figure it has to do with names and not the music, to the very concept of JK ever leaving Furthur and ANY of us knowing about it before it is practically public (combined with what others have said about common knowledge of contract terms), guess it just makes me shake my head a bit. but it was funny to open the site and see.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#8694 3 years, 7 months ago
"How did no one look at the date on that post in shroomery, this time of year?

Shame on you all "

LOL I can not believe I didn't catch on to that being on April fools day, now I really feel like an idiot for making this thread......not sure what you mean by "threads like this making me warry of these forums" ......I really didn't believe it but I had to make this thread to see if anyone read that "interview" or anything. If anybody thinks I was trying to spread a rumor thats not the case

still I cant get over that being an April fools joke and me falling for it, I thought I didn't get fooled this year but apparently April fool jokes can still happen after the 1st lol!
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#8699 3 years, 7 months ago
I imagine when JK and Furthur do part ways for whatever reason down the road, he will start his own band that he can control. Whether it will be a GD Tribute band or not will be his choice. It would be nice to see him fly on his own with his own material eventually....down the road.......like way way down the road.
EProphet
Junior Boarder

#8721 3 years, 7 months ago
April Fools'd
Tim The Beek
Junior Boarder

#8728 3 years, 7 months ago
ScarletFire wrote:
I have been simultaneously flabbergasted and frustrated with John because he is capable of owning the stage and making Jerry's space his own but, at times, he does not. So what can be done? In my humble opinion, diligence and consistency from John is the key to maximizing the potential of this lineup.

The thing about going all the way out to the end of the limb every night, is sometimes you soar, and sometimes you fall with a thud.

Same as it's been with this music for more 'n 40 years...
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds