• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

Re: Why doesn't Grateful Dead get back together?

#8506 3 years, 6 months ago
I Think Bob and Phil are Aliens (as shown in the Radio city Music Hall Poster and shirt. Straight from the UFO), Joe Russo is a Gorilla (as shown at Bill Grahams Civic Center NYE, yea that was Joe back there!), I think JK Has an Amazing Talent and Voice!, (as shown every time he plays), Jeff Chimenti Just flows like a River! and those Backup singers Bring Positive Vibes all around>I love Sunshines Smile! And I am so glad Jeff Pehrson replaced the other lady (she wasnt having a good time).............

..Thank You Furthur So Much!! I never remember seeing jerry (I was 3 years old in 93' when my parents took me to Golden Gate park for bill Grahams Benefit Concert) - Just a little too young- I have been told over and over that this is it!! A man on the subway back from coney island told me to soak as much of this as I can..He saw his firs Grateful Dead show in 76' and says Furthur is Just as Good!.... I personally feel like I am going to the 1970's when i go to a Furthur show.. Another man at the santa barbara bowl told me he had been seeing the Grateful dead Since 1973 and when we were walking out of there he said with confidence: " the grateful dead were Never this good".. IDK ...but I have been lucky enough to see 15 Furthur shows now and Absolutely Love it!!!.....

Thank you all....
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#8518 3 years, 6 months ago
It seems like what you want is a purely nostalgic reunion. Like another poster already mentioned, the core members of the Grateful Dead have gotten together and performed plenty of times (The Other Ones, The Dead). I don't really understand why you mention Donna Jean, she didn't even perform with THE Grateful Dead after 1979. If you want her then why not Tom Constantene, or Bruce Hornsby. Like I said, these people all performed with the GD, but getting them back together for nostalgic reasons would be a waste of time, because it wouldn't be the best line-up in terms of musical quality.
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#8544 3 years, 6 months ago
>>>He saw his firs Grateful Dead show in 76' and says Furthur is Just as Good!

>>>seeing the Grateful dead Since 1973 and when we were walking out of there he said with confidence: " the grateful dead were Never this good".

BULLSHIT!!!

i got on the bus in '69 and, imnsho, furthur doesn't even begin to approach the music from back then. i'm not denying this might be one of the better aggragations since jerry died, but that certainly doesn't mean they're even in the same ballpark as when jerry was alive. sure it's good to still hear phil and bobby making music, but don't fool yourself that experiencing the music wiithout jerry even begins to approach hearing it with him...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
movable parts
Junior Boarder

#8546 3 years, 6 months ago
what they have goin with furthur is great and has completely blown away all of the past post - jerry groups.
phil and bobby have identified fresh talent/not jaded talent that will push the the music into the future.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#8713 3 years, 6 months ago
Mrs Deviled Egg wrote:
I just want JK to play with Phil for as long as the world will allow.... what if Furthur became this band that NEVER ended and no matter what happened, they had plans for the future and the music never stopped because they finally decided to make THIS the ULTIMATE "cover" band (*wink, wink*) started by Phil and Bob to pass the musical torch in a genuine fashion to the next generations....? IF that was the case, I wouldn't mind if the other members ever played together again if they didn't want to because you really can't recreate your own past, but you CAN pass it on directly to ensure that the world never loses what is essential. I don't care what the names are of the people who are playing (of the individuals or the band), I care how they sound and how the musicians as a group interact with the audience as a whole.... I really hope they keep this one going, keeping the music psychedelic, raw and full of love is an honest and vital mission.

Amen!

Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on!

alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#8719 3 years, 6 months ago

Attachment C:\Documents and Settings\makullia\My Documents\My Pictures\1_a3bcda0c949b0e518f403503a8fd8882.jpg not found

Dido Hey they all only have so much time left with us as we all know the crowds still come in droves loving every min of show time and the whole great scene ..I am hoping for dates in August with all of them together mikey bill donna comon man it will be great !!!!!!! how much cash do you all need????? do it out of love for us who have and always will BELEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by alilfurther.
legis225
Junior Boarder

#9046 3 years, 6 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
I like Furthur a lot .
But if they put the Other Ones back together with Hornsby and Herring along with the "Core Four" That would be SOMETHING !!

This.

And Jerry Garcia died, and there is no Grateful Dead without Jerry.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#9128 3 years, 6 months ago
Keep these two facts in mind:

1 - Phil wouldn't be playing bass if it wasn't for Jerry.

2 - Bob wouldn't be playing guitar if it wasn't for Jerry.

Jerry is more alive than most living people will ever be!

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds