Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#204480 1 year, 9 months ago
Count me in for all three nights!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
PacNWdeadhead
Fresh Boarder

#204502 1 year, 9 months ago
All three nights it is for me too! I'll by flying solo and staying at the Whitcomb as well, so hopefully I'll get to meet some of y'all

Looking forward to catching a glimpse of that GD NYE magic
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...
socalbeatnik
Fresh Boarder

#204504 1 year, 9 months ago
My first NYE show since Winterland 1970....What a long strange trip its been to finally be able to get back up for a show....
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#204505 1 year, 9 months ago
hyjacker wrote:
I have been to many NYE Dead and other Dead incarnation shows going back to 75 or so(years kind of blending on me) and they are always fun. Sometimes however I find expectation can get unrealistically high and some leave disappointed. For my own part I always approach it like any other show and as a result never end up disappointed. Some NYE shows have been supernatural others middle of the road. Only a few really stick out in my mind. I've got a group of about thirty shows in general that really stand out above the fray. I've always been surprised how many of the really good ones were in Jersey, Roosevelt Stadium, Englishtown, Capital Theater, Rutgers Athletic center(one of those shows you just had to be there to fully appreciate)Lightening through the huge sky light in the ceiling during what IMO was the best Estimated ever. For Whatever reason Philly NYC and Jersey shows just seem to bring out the best in the guys. West coast shows hve been equally good but just somehow have a different energy. Anyway I got way off topic. Just glad they guys are doing yet another Bay area NYE run. Always marks the start of a new touring year its like the Dead Heads Chinese New Year. I hope Sirius carries the show and TRI goes mobile and streams it out. This one they could even charge a couple bucks for to cover the expense of the extra gear and streaming. God knows they have done a brilliant job of keeping ticket prices more reasonable than any major act out there.

the last NYE run was mystically melted.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#204506 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm in for all three nights! 3rd year in a row now.

on a sid enote, my wife wants to run 40 1/2 marathons by the time she's 40 (ie next 4 years). I told her next year is my 25th anniversary of being a deadhead and therefore I need to see 25 shows for my 25th anniversary and she's all for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67, Grateful DeafHead
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#204549 1 year, 9 months ago
I will update the list tomorrow when I get home tomorrow. I'm so excited to see so many people going!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoneFurthur
icecremekid
Junior Boarder

#204551 1 year, 9 months ago
Comin'over again from Australia for our third NYE runnin'

See Ya There!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, Bilbo, DangerousDan, FurthurFlower67, Grateful DeafHead
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#204578 1 year, 9 months ago
Without a doubt I will be there for all 3. Im not going to stay in the city on the first night. Im going to rest up as much as I can this year. This year I will be on a mission to meet every person on this board that I havent meet. If anybody has any floor space on the seconed night in their hotel and wants some cash let me know.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, FurthurFlower67
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

#204597 1 year, 9 months ago
have tickets usually been $85 for NYE?
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds