• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: ROLL CALL: New Years!!!!

#204461 2 years ago
Furthur featuring: Phil Lesh * Bob Weir *
Jeff Chimenti * John Kadlecik * Joe Russo * Sunshine Becker * Jeff Pehrson will perform three New Year's shows on December 29, 30 & 31, 2012 at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, CA. Doors are at 7:00 PM. Showtime is at 8:00 PM. December 29th & 30th tickets are available via mail order for $60.00 General Admission. There is a 4 ticket per person limit for these shows. December 31st, New Year's Eve commemorative tickets are available for $100.00 General Admission. There is a 2 ticket per person limit for this show. New Year's Eve tickets must be ordered in a separate envelope from December 29th & 30th. Tickets for the 29th & 30th may be ordered in the same envelope. Please remember that your order will be chosen first if your request (date of the show and number of tickets that you are ordering) is on the outside of your envelope. No credit cards will be accepted at this time.
The first mail in date for these performances is Monday, October 15, 2012.

----------------------------------------------------------
Anyone decorating envelopes? I would love to see them if any of y'all want to post a pic before monday
-- smell every flower --
hyjacker
Junior Boarder

#204462 2 years ago
I have been to many NYE Dead and other Dead incarnation shows going back to 75 or so(years kind of blending on me) and they are always fun. Sometimes however I find expectation can get unrealistically high and some leave disappointed. For my own part I always approach it like any other show and as a result never end up disappointed. Some NYE shows have been supernatural others middle of the road. Only a few really stick out in my mind. I've got a group of about thirty shows in general that really stand out above the fray. I've always been surprised how many of the really good ones were in Jersey, Roosevelt Stadium, Englishtown, Capital Theater, Rutgers Athletic center(one of those shows you just had to be there to fully appreciate)Lightening through the huge sky light in the ceiling during what IMO was the best Estimated ever. For Whatever reason Philly NYC and Jersey shows just seem to bring out the best in the guys. West coast shows hve been equally good but just somehow have a different energy. Anyway I got way off topic. Just glad they guys are doing yet another Bay area NYE run. Always marks the start of a new touring year its like the Dead Heads Chinese New Year. I hope Sirius carries the show and TRI goes mobile and streams it out. This one they could even charge a couple bucks for to cover the expense of the extra gear and streaming. God knows they have done a brilliant job of keeping ticket prices more reasonable than any major act out there.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#204463 2 years ago
We'll be there all three nights. I'm looking forward to spotting the flag and saying hi in person. Can't wait to hit the old aud. again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#204464 2 years ago
funky420 wrote:
This will be the first in 2 yrs that we will miss but we will be spending it with my kids and I think we might go hit a football game! Or all 4 of us are coming to SF hmmmm choices!

Cant wait to see you in SF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#204465 2 years ago
Well after the best weekend of my life at Red rocks its safe to say il be heading to San Fran all 3 nights for my first NYE run!
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#204469 2 years ago
^^are you going to take another train?

that's one hell of a ride you took to get out to red rocks!
Last Edit: 2 years ago by MushroomMan.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#204471 2 years ago
I've gone to the last 3 new years. Can't ruin my record. And after seeing how good they sounded in l.a. and santa barbara I am not going to miss new years!
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#204472 2 years ago
I will be in attendance all three nights, wearing a big dope ass purple furry Dancing Bear hood. Im so stoked, the band has been sounding better and better. I know we will be in for a great run of show. i wonder what the theme of the New Years Countdown will be this year. Any ideas out there?
Drazzaz
Junior Boarder

#204473 2 years ago
Count us in all 3 night's!
"Sometimes a great Notion"
mddichard07
Junior Boarder

#204474 2 years ago