• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2095
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191115 1 year, 10 months ago
Island Head wrote:
Island Head wrote:
Strider1 wrote:
I've already got my reservation at the Whitcomb!


Did you reserve on the Whitcomb site or another site?


Strider, check your PM


On the Whitcomb site.

PM checked and replied.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Strider1.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2234

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191141 1 year, 10 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Island Head wrote:
Island Head wrote:
Strider1 wrote:
I've already got my reservation at the Whitcomb!


Did you reserve on the Whitcomb site or another site?


Strider, check your PM


On the Whitcomb site.



I love planning a future party (NYE) before the next one (RR) even happens! Party at the Whitcomb - I am in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head, Strider1, Bacon Rocks
GoneFurthur
Junior Boarder
Posts:23

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191235 1 year, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
GoneFurthur wrote:
I'm wondering whether this is worth buying a plane ticket for right now? I'd love to get as much feedback as possible, does this have a high chance of happening? I'd like to save some money and buy the flight now but I'm not sure if I should risk it or not. Thanks!


if you want the lowest fare possible, yes. you can always cancel and get refunded the money. tip: check the airlines sites as well as the discount sites. i've been finding a lot recently going through the airlines is a better deal, but not always.

edit: i waited on it last year because of a job and ended up paying 600 to get to SFO and back, and the way out had 3 different flights. nothing was cheap by november. i was also flying from the east coast


Great, thanks so much for the response. I was under the impression that flights were nonrefundable unless I pay a lot extra for a refundable one, is this not true?
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191252 1 year, 10 months ago
GoneFurthur wrote:
wlewis wrote:
GoneFurthur wrote:
I'm wondering whether this is worth buying a plane ticket for right now? I'd love to get as much feedback as possible, does this have a high chance of happening? I'd like to save some money and buy the flight now but I'm not sure if I should risk it or not. Thanks!


if you want the lowest fare possible, yes. you can always cancel and get refunded the money. tip: check the airlines sites as well as the discount sites. i've been finding a lot recently going through the airlines is a better deal, but not always.

edit: i waited on it last year because of a job and ended up paying 600 to get to SFO and back, and the way out had 3 different flights. nothing was cheap by november. i was also flying from the east coast


Great, thanks so much for the response. I was under the impression that flights were nonrefundable unless I pay a lot extra for a refundable one, is this not true?


Not if you fly Southwest...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191262 1 year, 10 months ago
i just cancelled my flight to red rocks and it was booked through united. it was booked as a non-refundable fare and i called to see what was up i figured at best i'd get a voucher for the cost. they totally refunded it back to my card no questions asked, in full, instantly. with some flights they are probably sure that they'll actually sell that ticket for more. the refund is no skin off their back.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191289 1 year, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i just cancelled my flight to red rocks and it was booked through united. it was booked as a non-refundable fare and i called to see what was up i figured at best i'd get a voucher for the cost. they totally refunded it back to my card no questions asked, in full, instantly. with some flights they are probably sure that they'll actually sell that ticket for more. the refund is no skin off their back.


Wow! That truly is a miracle. I have had to cancel or re-book on United on several occasions, and each time it was a $150 per ticket charge.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7412
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191324 1 year, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i just cancelled my flight to red rocks and it was booked through united. it was booked as a non-refundable fare and i called to see what was up i figured at best i'd get a voucher for the cost. they totally refunded it back to my card no questions asked, in full, instantly. with some flights they are probably sure that they'll actually sell that ticket for more. the refund is no skin off their back.


Thay built an airport at Red Rocks!! WTF man that sucks!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred, Bacon Rocks
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder
Posts:343

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191469 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i just cancelled my flight to red rocks and it was booked through united. it was booked as a non-refundable fare and i called to see what was up i figured at best i'd get a voucher for the cost. they totally refunded it back to my card no questions asked, in full, instantly. with some flights they are probably sure that they'll actually sell that ticket for more. the refund is no skin off their back.


Thay built an airport at Red Rocks!! WTF man that sucks!!!


..... but i'm ready to go, on the tarmac and ready for take-off!!! ahhh next week!!

but looking ahead, booked airline last week for a new years vacation in SF. Hard to turn down roundtrip airfares from NC to SFO for less then 300, just over that with insurance.(not trusting my luck with united like you had).paid much more last year booking in october. and as previously mentioned, booked at whitcomb due to easy cancellation policy.....(and proximity to venue and bart) Let the good times roll...
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1540

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191502 1 year, 10 months ago
i thought i had already tipped the cards on this one.
3 nights, at the BG, theme...TITTIES!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuck at the station
GoneFurthur
Junior Boarder
Posts:23

Re: San Francisco New Years 2013

#191556 1 year, 10 months ago
Was it general admission on the floor the past years at the auditorium, or seats?
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds